Hello beautiful friends how are things? I’m very excited to share with you a project I worked on with a beautiful couple who bought a new home a few years back. I’m not sure if I ever told you I worked for Furniture Company a few years ago in there design studio and while working for them I was able to meet some pretty cool people like the Floyd family. The Floyds were looking to make a statement in their new home so they decided to find a designer to help them. One day the Floyds walked into the store where I worked and asked for a designer that can help them do just that. The Floyds made it quite clear they knew how to decorate themselves but they wanted a new perspective and point of view and I was more than happy to oblige. The Floyds wanted me to makeover there living room, I couldn’t tell you how honored I was to do it. It also helped that I had a blank slate to work with we’ll almost. The Floyds had already purchase there furniture on their own, so my job was to make the furniture they already purchased look good  thank goodness they had really good taste “woo dodged a bullet there” Here is how it all went down! 

The rules:
No paint on the walls! But still want colorful room
Use the furniture they already bought and chose themselves
Uses the window covering they already bought and chose themselves
Make some of their art pieces they had in their old house work in the new scheme of things
Not a large budget

Did I do it? 

Check out before and after pic’s of the Floyds Living room.


As you can see I had a empty slate, most designers dream. Remember I told you earlier the client purchased their own furniture, that eventually was introduced to the room. Now check out the after photo below. Oh I'll like to apologize for the blurry photos before hand.

Sorry for all the blurriness in this photo but this is what I had to work with at the time.  So what do you think of the after photo? The Client did a good job choosing their furniture and window covering right! They also picked out the accent tables also,it was my job to arrange and accessorizes the space. How do you think I did?
The corner of the room.
After
The other side of the room
After
After
This is the entry and a small empty wall.
This is the homeowners mirror that I had to keep and I'm happy I did.


This is the dining room before

Again sorry for all the blurriness- Dining room after
Homeowner art on the wall was a must keep and remember no paint on the walls. We had to bring in color with the accessories on the table and the hutch.





Pretty cool! I hope you enjoyed these before and after shots, besides the crappy photography. I promise I have a solution.  I have the perfect photographer who can help and I am convinced she will make my work look as good in pictures as they do in the actual room.  Kristy!! I'm screaming for help here!!! :) lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top